05/06/2011

It's so big and fragile it looks like a cardbox to promote the game...


The game that revolutionized graphics, previously only released on PC... why didn't they bring the original game to the current gen consoles? Too bad...

This one got a huge edition called Nano Edition. And I really mean HUGE. The box is really big. I did not play the game, I'm taking a break from shooters because I am not a big fan and I have played enough of these in the last couple of years. I really can't talk much about the game itself but this edition is quite good overall. The statue looks good, though it kinda feels cheap... well, at least it's not "Mortal Kombat" or "Street Fighter 4" cheap. But still kinda lacks details and quality. Overall, I approve it. Just could be a little better in my opinion. The artbook looks pretty good too. It's big enough and really shows some great art. As for the backpack, well, I won't say it sucks because it doesn't, but I think they could have done an even more amazing job than they did. And to be honest, I think it was totally unnecessary to include such a think in a limited edition of the game. It may be just my opinion but it sounds like a lame excuse to release something impressive, big and expensive. The outer box is quite fragile. It would be nearly impossible to buy this through the internet. I bought it for its full price but there are so many lying around in stores getting all beaten that within some months it will be possible to find them for really cheap prices in a bad condition, like it happened with most stupidly overpriced editions released over here. I bought the PS3 verison because it was the only one released over here besides the PC version. Xbox hates Portugal as far as I can tell.

I really don't know what retailers have in their heads to treat such expensive editions like this. Can you imagine, all the collector's editions all smashed and beaten around most stores. Who is the real collector who's gonna pay so much for a messed up edition? Maybe someone who collects crap? I really don't know what people who run those stores have in their heads but they cannot be called brains for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment