27/11/2013

Oh... My... GOD!

As you can probably guess, several months without posting anything here means I still have several items to show, but it's enough for today, so I will end it with something really special that I never ever imagined I would be able to get...

I originally entered this competition because I had some ideas about what to do. My drawing skills are kinda rusty and my digital artwork skills are very poor, but after some time and effort I've decided that I should enter the competition. I never really expected to win anything, but I actually did win. This has to be the first press kit I've ever gotten without having to pay anythign for it. 

The prize is possibly my newest number one item because it's both awesome and extremely hard to get. I must say that, however, I was slightly disappointed though... This was supposed to come individually numbered, but the version I received has no number :(. On top of that, I was expecting to win a PAL version but ended up getting an american version instead. In the long term the american version might be worth a lot more, but since I am mostly a PAL collector I'd love to get my hands in a PAL version of this - something that is close to impossible. 

Anyway, I can't complain much - I have a new "rarest" item in my collection, and  - I must say - a very special one: The Ducktales Remastered Press Kit with the working NES golden cartridge. This competition was open for residents in US and Europe. I can hardly ever win national competitions for much less important things, let alone something so special with such a global scale. The thing is, I did win and I still find hard to believe... 

In order to win this, there were several options: either sing the Ducktales opening theme, draw a classic Capcom game cover with the Ducktales crew or "duckify" a Capcom character so it could fit Disney's and Ducktales' universe. I've decided not to complicate things and make a duck version of the most notable character in Street Fighter series: Ryu. The final result definitely isn't a pro level masterpiece, but for someone inexperienced with computer drawings I even surprised myself. It took me some time to create it, and every second and minute I've spent working on it was totally worth it!  


I'm now the proud owner of one of these beauties, out of 150 produced in total. When they announced the initial set of winners one day before the end of the competition and I saw Capcom's e-mail saying I was one of the winners, I nearly fainted. I was stressing so much after losing my first and greatest chance of winning one of these copies that I never imagined I would eventually win one in the bigger competition.


2 comments:

  1. Li por alto mas depois leio melhor! Parabéns pelo prémio, pá!
    Toma lá disto para teres umas ideias de como organizar a colecção - http://9gag.com/gag/ajrgeAQ

    ReplyDelete