14/06/2008

Even great heroes get old...



Solid Snake is a well known character from the videogaming history. Ever since the NES version of the genius creator Hideo Kojima was released, the fame of this series increased drastically, specially after the release of Metal Gear Solid for Playstation 1. I was amazed when I bought the game and thought it was the best game I had played in a long time. Solid Snake is back, this time older than before. This will be the final game according to Mr. Kojima (well, the first Final Fantasy game was supposed to be the only one anyway so we will see what happens in the future). This is the European Limited Edition. Looking at Ebay prices and not being able to find any available for sale a few hours after the game was available over here, I knew I was in trouble to get it.


However, Luck was on my side. Because of the major strike among European truck drivers due to the increasing price in fuels and oil, the release date of this game over here was delayed for one day. I was unable to get the special edition in the release day. However, since the release day was also a holiday in Lisbon, I knew that my only chance to get this edition for the right price was to go to the most important store in Lisbon the next day (Saturday) and get it as soon as it opened. Luckily, there was a single edition left, in perfect condition, when I got there. It is now mine ^_^!

No comments:

Post a Comment